Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Recipe by: Dominic Businaro
An easy take on the iconic sandwich staple of Philadelphia.
- 1 lb steak
- 2 green peppers
- 2 onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 500 degress F.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and minced garlic.
- Preheat large skillet with oil over medium heat. Slice steak into thin strips. Cook steak until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile cut the green bell peppers into thin strips and slice the onions into rings.
- Add the green peppers and onions to the beef in the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute vegetables until tender and then remove from heat.
- Spread hoagie rolls with mayonnaise and garlic mixture. Top with even amounts of beef and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and oregano.
- Place sandwiches on baking pan and heat until cheese is melted.
Substitute hoagie rolls with french bread if your store doesn't carry the rolls.