Recipe by: Castiron Kate
Crunchy and nutty party mix from the 1960’s that contains pretzels, nuts, Cheerios, Wheat Chex and lots and lots of margarine.
- 8.9 oz box Cheerios
- 14 oz box Wheat Chex
- 15 oz bag stick pretzels
- 15 oz bag twisted pretzels
- 8.75 oz can mixed nuts
- 8.5 oz can cashews
- 1 lb margarine
- 3 tsp Worstershire sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp celery seed
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan melt margarine and add Worstershire sauce, garlic salt and celery seed.
- In large roasting pan combine Cheerios, Wheat Chex, stick pretzels, twisted pretzels, mixed nuts and cashews.
- Pour the margarine mix over the ingredients in the roasting pan. Gently mix together.
- Bake at 250 degrees F. for two hours, stirring every 1/2 hour.