Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
Recipe by: Dominic Businaro
Ribs seasoned with a sweet and spicy rub, oven-baked to perfection yielding meat that is nearly falling off the bone.
- 5 lbs baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tbsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp cumin
- 1/8 tbsp chipotle
- 1/4 tbsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tbsp cayenne pepper
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and position a cooling rack on top. Lay the ribs on top of the cooling rack.
- Brush the ribs with dijon mustard on both sides.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, paprika, granulated onion, sea salt, black pepper, cumin, chipotle, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper to make your dry rub.
- Sprinkle your dry rub onto the ribs (with a spoon) and then gently pat the rub to make it adhere to the meat.
- Set the oven to broil and place an oven rack a few inches from the top. With the ribs, meaty side up, broil for 5 minutes.
- Set the oven to 300 degrees F. and move the ribs to an oven rack positioned in the center of the oven. Roast the ribs for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cover the ribs with aluminum foil (so they don’t dry out) and put back into the over for 1 hour.
- Brush the ribs with barbecue sauce, re-cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove ribs from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the ribs between the bones to separate. Serve with barbecue sauce.
You can season the ribs a day ahead in order to create a stronger flavor.