Recipe by: Dominic Businaro
Sweet, spicy, and delicious orange chicken that is fast and easy to prepare.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- pinch salt
- dash crushed red pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- pinch grated ginger
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 egg whites
- 3 chicken breast
- vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp cornstarch and egg whites until frothy.
- On a cutting board cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the egg white mixture and allow to site for 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, crushed red pepper, minced garlic, and ginger. Heat at medium-high until bubbling.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 tbsp cornstarch and 1/2 cup water. Add 2-3 tbsp of the cornstarch slurry to the orange sauce. Mix together and allow to thicken.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop in chicken pieces and move around, flipping gently until golden brown. (About 4-5 minutes) Drain pieces on plate lined with paper towels.
- Toss the chicken with the sauce and server over rice.