Recipe by: Dominic Businaro
Garlic infused breadsticks brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with sea salt.
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix 2 cups of flour with salt, garlic powder, and oil.
- Combine flour mixture into yeast mixture and knead using the remain flour until you form a soft dough. (You may need an additional 1/2 cup flour.)
- Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic food wrap, and let rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pull dough into a rectangular shape. On a lightly floured flat surface, cut dough (using a pizza cutter) into 1 inch strips.
- Put dough strips onto greased cookie sheet. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkly with salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes or until breadsticks are golden brown.