Recipe by: Dominic Businaro
Seasoned chicken and lots of tasty vegetables wrapped up in a flour tortilla and topped with salsa and sour cream.
- 3 cubed chicken breast
- 3 sliced green peppers
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 2 chopped yellow onion
- 16 oz salsa
- 8 oz sour cream
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 1 large Ziplock bag
- 1 oz fajita seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat a large, oiled skillet over medium-high heat on the stove top.
- On a cutting board slice chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and then transfer to large skillet.
- In a large Ziploc bag combine fajita seasoning, 1/2 cup water, and vegatable oil. Seal bag and shake to mix.
- Cook chicken completely and then transfer to Ziploc bag mixture. Re-seal bag and shake to coat.
- Add 1/4 cup water, green peppers, red pepper, and onion to skillet. Cook, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender. (Approximately 10-15 minutes.)
- Add seasoned chicken to vegetables in skillet and fold together. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add chicken and vegetable mixture to individual flour tortillas. Top with salsa and sour cream and roll closed. Enjoy.
Use low fat yogurt instead of sour cream for a healthy alternative.